Your privacy is very important to Oryx Airport Hotel and we understand how important it is to you. We want you to feel safe when visiting our websites or using our services and are committed to maintaining your privacy when you do. We require our employees, suppliers and partners to maintain confidentiality in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the so-called Controller is Dhiafatina for Hotels, O.P.C with its registered office at Qatar Airways Tower, PO Box 22550, Doha, State of Qatar (from now on referred to as "Oryx Airport Hotel", "we", or "us").
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
By "Personal Data" we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing by Oryx Airport Hotel of all Personal Data we gather or use in connection with your relationship with us as a customer or potential customer of our hotel ("Privacy Notice") when you use our website, www.oryxairporthotel.com (from now on referred to as our "Website"), or services provided by us or others acting on our behalf (including when you stay with us or use our facilities) and when you interact with us. We will only use your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
4.1 Oryx Airport Hotel is responsible for the collection and use of all Personal Data described in this Privacy Notice. In this Privacy Notice we explain which personal data we collect and use and for which purposes, and to which persons or entities the Personal Data will be provided.
5.1 We may collect and receive Personal Data directly from you or from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorised, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures), from third parties (e.g., your travel agent or our service providers) or the Personal Data of your relatives or principal where you disclose same on their behalf, including when you:
(a) use any of our services, including when you stay with us or use any of our facilities;
(b) use or access our Website or particularly when completing the "personal information" section during the course of a booking, even if you do not complete the booking; or
(c) communicate with us such as by email, telephone, in writing or through our social media platforms;
- For answering your questions or responding to your complaints or requests
- What does this mean? If you get in touch with us by in person via our hotel reception, email, telephone, in writing or through our enquiry forms on our Website or social media or by your authorized representative for the purposes of the relevant enquiry, we will use your Personal Data in order to reply to and answer your question or to respond to your complaints or requests (for eg. to assist you in processing a transaction or in providing technical assistance).
- What are our legal grounds for doing this? We will process your Personal Data based on the performance of our hotel accommodation contract with you or in our legitimate business interests in providing customer care services to you based on your request depending on the specific case.
- Which personal data do we use for this purpose? For this purpose, we use your name, contact details, , email address, country of residence, flight number, date of travel, origin, destination, passport number, your correspondence with Oryx Airport Hotel about your question and all other personal data necessary to answer your question. We may monitor or record you phone conversations for training and customer services reasons.
6.2 To allow you to connect with us via social media
- What are our legal grounds for doing this? We understand that you require a convenient method of communicating with us being a subscriber to those social media platforms and where you have given us your consent to marketing cookies on our Website, we will be allowed to show you the “Like” or “Share button when you use our Website. If you wish to revoke your consent for use of these marketing cookies by Oryx Airport Hotel, you can change your cookie settings on our Website.
(b) For the assessment and acceptance of a customer
- What does this mean? When you get in contact with Oryx Airport Hotel, we will process your Personal Data for acceptance purposes, for example in order to confirm and verify your identity or that of your authorised representative for the purposes of the relevant transaction or booking. Oryx Airport Hotel will also process your Personal Data for other administrative and regulatory purposes such as due diligence and visitors data transmitted against publicly available government and/or law enforcement agency sanctions lists. Oryx Airport Hotel may also use and disclose your Personal Data to persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant to our then-current security procedures, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry. In particular, each of the passengers who are grouped under the same Passenger Name Record (PNR) number shall be deemed to be authorised representatives of each of the other passengers under the same PNR number, for the purposes of disclosure identified in this policy, regardless of the number of persons within each group.
- What are our legal grounds for doing this? We will process your Personal Data based on your request to enter into a hotel accommodation contract with us and applicable legal obligations and regulatory requirements. For example, you will not be allowed to check-in at our hotel if your identity cannot be confirmed or you chose to not provide proper identification.
- What does this mean? When you arrive and stay with us, we process your Personal Data for administrative purposes such as:
- facilitating your hotel bookings or your use of any of our services for example our Vitality spa;
- administering your booking of Al Maha Meet and Greet Services; We also use your Personal Data in order to deliver or receive and manage our products or services to do what we have agreed to provide to you. As part of our service to you, we provide you with your hotel booking confirmation through our email services when you book directly with us and through the system generated notifications when you book online. When you make a booking, you will be provided with a booking reference. Your booking reference should be kept confidential at all times. Disclosing your booking reference to other passengers may allow them to access your booking details through our system. If you are travelling with others under the same booking and would not like your individual booking details to be disclosed to them, you may prefer to have each person make separate bookings, to be paid for individually. What are our legal grounds for doing this? We will process your Personal Data based on the performance of our hotel accommodation contract with you and any other contracts for other services that you have contracted for with us. If you provide Personal Data on behalf of someone else (if, for example, you have arranged to make a booking on their behalf or on behalf of a child of whom you are the parent or legal guardian, you enter into a hotel accommodation contract or other contract for other services on behalf of that person.
- Which personal data do we use for this purpose? For this purpose, we process your contact details such as address and email address, personal details such as name and date of birth, payment and credit information, and other data stored in our customer database in relation to the hotel accommodation contract with you and any other contracts for other services that you have contracted for with Oryx Airport Hotel.
- What does this mean? We process your Personal Data to benefit the performance and organisation of our business and our management reporting and analysis as a hotel and as part of the Qatar Airways Group. This includes general management, order management and management of Oryx Airport Hotel’s assets. Oryx Airport Hotel also processes your Personal Data for its internal management. We provide central processing facilities in order to work more efficiently. We conduct audits and investigations, implement business controls, and manage and use customer directories. Also, we process your Personal Data for finance and accounting, archiving and insurance purposes, legal and business consulting and in the context of dispute resolution. We use aggregated and anonymised data to create management reports and to analyse Oryx Airport Hotel’s and Qatar Airways Group’s business. We conduct customer, supplier and business partner surveys to learn more about your views and opinions in preparation of our management reporting.
- What are our legal grounds for doing this? We will process your Personal Data based on the performance of our passenger Hotel accommodation contract with you or in our legitimate business interests in maintaining the expected service levels to you. To ensure the security of your Personal Data, our analysis, reporting is aggregated and anonymized and we require our employees, suppliers and partners to maintain confidentiality in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Which personal data do we use for this purpose? For this purpose, we process your contact details such as your address and email address, personal details such as your name and date of birth, payment and credit information, payment, correspondence with Oryx Airport Hotel, data generated during the performance of the agreement between you and Oryx Airport Hotel, and correspondence with Oryx Airport Hotel.
- What does this mean? Oryx Airport Hotel needs to comply with certain legal obligations (e.g. responding to government information requests and monitors its Website, and IT systems to check compliance with Oryx Airport Hotel’s internal policies and regulations. During monitoring activities, your Personal Data can be accessed and viewed.
- What are our legal grounds for doing this? We will process your Personal Data based on:
- our legitimate business interests in maintaining adherence to our company policies and the standards which we uphold for our employees, suppliers and partners.
- legal obligation to comply with laws and regulations which are applicable to hotel industry or to specific geographic locations ( for example passport and boarding pass data for passengers staying in transit grounds of the airport between flights connections).
- Which personal data do we use for this purpose? For this purpose, any Personal Data that is stored on Oryx Airport Hotel’s IT systems can be accessed and viewed for compliance purposes. The Personal Data that are accessed and viewed will not be stored for compliance purposes, unless we need them to further investigate potential non-compliant behaviour or in the course of legal proceedings.
- How long do we keep your personal data for this purpose? We do not retain your personal data for this purpose, unless they are linked to non-compliant behaviour. We will then keep the relevant personal data until the investigation or proceedings have been concluded.
We only disclose your Personal Data to Qatar Airways where you make a booking for Al Maha Meet and Greet Services.
8.2 Access to Your Personal Data by Third Parties
When you make a hotel booking or other purchase via this Web Site, we utilise support and other functions certain of the Personal Data which may require the transfer of your personal Information to and from countries outside of your country of residence from time to time to and processed and stored by relevant third parties so that they can provide you with the arrangements you require. Some of these third parties may be based outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Organisations that are based outside of the EEA may not be subject to the same level of controls in regard to data protection as exist within the EEA. When third parties are given access to your Personal Data, we will take the required contractual, technical and organisational measures to ensure that your Personal Data are only processed if necessary. The third parties will only process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law. In order to facilitate your hotel booking, we may be required to disclose certain of your Personal Data in the following cases:
- to you or those acting on your behalf. Where local regulations require, we may obtain your consent in writing for the purpose of allowing anyone else to act on your behalf;
- to third parties including service providers to provide a service to, or perform a function for, us or who are otherwise appointed by us in connection with the services we offer you including those who are acting as our agent or sub-contractors and our legal and other professional advisors;
- to third parties, including law enforcement officials, law courts and government and regulatory authorities: (a) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process (such as to respond to subpoenas or judicial orders); or (b) to protect and defend our rights, or the rights or safety of third parties, including to defend against legal claims; Even if it is not mandatory for us to provide information to such authorities, we may exercise our discretion to assist them where appropriate.
- where you have made a hotel booking, to guests travelling under the same booking as you. In other cases, your personal data will not be supplied to third parties, except where required by law.
8.3 The use of your personal data by data processors
When a third party processes your personal data solely following Qatar Airways instructions, it acts as a data processor. We enter into an agreement with such a data processor for the processing of Personal Data. In this agreement, we include obligations to ensure that your Personal Data are processed by the data processor solely to provide services to us.
Oryx Airport Hotel will take adequate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In an effort to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your Personal Information, we have put in place physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing (including, but not limited to, unnecessary collection) or further processing. In order to protect the security of your information, we use encryption technology when collecting or transferring sensitive personal data.
Outside of required passenger details, we do not intentionally gather Personal Information about minors. We are not able to identify the age of persons who access and use our Website or Mobile Apps or subscribe to our newsletters. If you believe we have inadvertently collected Personal Information about your minor without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us, and we will attempt to remove this information and where relevant unsubscribe the minor. If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided us with Personal Data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the relevant Personal Data and unsubscribe them.
We will retain Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of Qatar Airways, or as required by relevant laws. When destroying Personal Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically possible measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable laws.
You can request access, correction, restriction, or removal of the data that Oryx Airport Hotel’s processes about you at any time by sending a request to Contact us page of our Website. You will also, under certain circumstances, have the right to data portability, meaning that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to transmit those data to another controller. We will not charge you a small, reasonable administration fee to respond to your request unless the request may be deemed as manifestly unfounded or excessive. Any request must include the following information: your name and address and any other information which may identify you.
Should you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or this Privacy Notice, please contact:
Qatar Airways Group Qatar Airways Tower 1 PO Box 22550 Doha, State of Qatar Attention: Data Protection Officer
We will make reasonable efforts to revise any information that is incorrect, or update or change your information or preferences, as permitted by law. It may take several weeks to implement the changes. If you feel that we do not comply with applicable privacy rules you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.